• 4 medium cucumbers, washed and thinly sliced
• 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
• 1½ cups plain organic yogurt
• 1 cup diced feta cheese
• 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
• 2 cloves minced garlic
• 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint (or 2 teaspoons dried)
• 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano or 2 teaspoons dried
• 2 tablespoons lemon juice or to taste
• 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
• Sea salt and pepper to taste
1. Place the cucumbers, onion, yogurt, feta, ginger, garlic, mint, oregano, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper in a large bowl and toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate until well-chilled.
2. All the ingredients can be tossed together a day ahead except for the yogurt. Add the yogurt up to 4 hours before serving.